Site is under maintenance mode. Please wait few min!
Sweet Potato & Bacon Baked Hush Puppies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings
Baked Hush Puppies:
⅔ cup cornmeal
⅓ cup oat flour
1¼ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
pinch of cayenne (optional)
¼ cup finely diced onion
¼ cup almond milk, or milk of choice
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sweet potato purée
2 Tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
3 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 Tbsp powdered sugar (for topping)
Maple Mustard Dip:
½ cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne (if desired).
- Separately, mix together onion, milk, eggs, sweet potato purée, and butter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp batter into sprayed mini muffin tins.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (or sugar-free powdered sugar), serve, and enjoy!
- Yields ~28 baked hush puppies.
Maple Mustard Dip Nutrition:
Per Tbsp, yields 8 servings (~½ cup dip)
28 calories | 2g fat | 5g carbs | 0g fiber | 3g sugars | 0g protein
*Nutrition provided for baked hush puppies made with coconut oil and includes powdered sugar topping.
- Serving Size: 4 baked hush puppies
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4